Thursday 7 April 2011

Thriller: Evaluation 7 - Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Looking back at my preliminary task I feel that I have learnt how to involve the audience in the film, as in choosing the right shots and angles to make them think and feel insecure and in point-of-view shots in the right places. A good thriller needs props that show the scenario and the mood. In my opening I feel that I have accomplished a thriller atmosphere in the way that the props are shown, but I was strongly trying to not create a horror scenario, this was to make audience feel tension and anxiety like a normal thriller should intend to create, not to make the people watching the film get scared at the opening. The location was what I really wanted to get right, because in the preliminary task we just used a classroom and a hallway to film the sequence, so for the thriller task I wanted to set up the locations in my house to make it seem believable and realistic, like an everyday house could have more things going on behind their closed doors.


In the preliminary task I worked with someone to create a short sequence that involved some speaking and a selection of camera shots, but for the thriller task I decided to do the thriller opening by myself as I had enough ideas and skill to produce an opening using camera equipment, editing software, also finding adequate sounds to suit the mood of a thriller. For me, preparation was the most important point to get right. This was to save time and get it right first time, although filming the thriller task for the first time was not perfect as the types of shots and length of the sequence were not all right. I thought that I had created a basis to make some slight improvements for the final edit that should be the best of what I have learnt along the way in the course.


Overall I think that my media project came out good as, I did an effective work by working by myself. There were some problems that where resolved to the best of my ability.




I asked 20 people if they enjoyed my opening to a thriller. Most people said they enjoyed it but a couple said that they did not understand what was happening in the scene and it didnt look like the person was dreaming the person sharpening the knife. But this shows that most people enjoyed it and will want to watch the rest if it was ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment