Thursday 7 April 2011

Thriller: Evaluation Question 6 - What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

During my thriller, learnt to use the camera both on a tripod and handheld. On a tripod, I used it for shots that had to be steady, such as for pans, for example in the first part when the man arrive with a briefcase. I used the camera handheld when doing tracking shots like when Tom was going into the kitchen. My weaknesses is when using the camera handheld it stutters and moves slightly. Also when doing pans it does not not look natural to the film.


A problem I faced was that the opening was filmed in wide screen, but the footage was in an unknown format, so I had to change the format from .MOD file to a .MPG file, and this turned the footage to not wide screen. So when editing the footage was not in wide screen and in my opinion it changed the quality of the film. A problem I resolved in the footage was in the second part of the film. I refilmed the kitchen scene was too bright so the mug could not be seen clearly, to resolve this in the editing stage I had to change the brightness using the effects in on the effects toolbar, and adjusted the clips to be slightly darker.


Using a new program that I have never used as quite staright foward as I learnt as I went along. Also using websites and video tutorials to help me. Like when I needed to know how to add titles I searched different websites and looked on youtube.

Videos like this one >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT8uxleLMrI

No comments:

Post a Comment